New York University 1970
B.A. Political Science, cum laude
Cornell Law School 1973
J.D., with distinction
Order of the Coif
Editor, Cornell Law Review
Note, "Appointment of Counsel for the Abused Child," 58 Cornell Law Review 177 (1972)
Hon. John M. Cannella, U.S. District Judge, Southern District of New York, 1973-1975
Institute of Higher Studies in Criminal Sciences, Seminar on International Extradition, Noto, Sicily, 1983
Congress of the National Association of Judges of the Republic of Italy, Congress on Organized Crime, Palermo, Sicily, 1983
Kaplan Landau Attorneys - Eugene Neal Kaplan, Of Counsel
Eugene Neal Kaplan is a former Senior Litigation Counsel, Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division and Assistant United States Attorney for the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (1975-1985), where he prosecuted white collar and other crimes, developed expertise in international extradition matters and the Classified Information Procedures Act and supervised other Assistant United States Attorneys. Mr. Kaplan was a founding partner of Kaplan Landau PLLC and its predecessor, from 1985 until 2015. Currently, Mr. Kaplan is involved in corporate and commercial litigation, real estate litigation, white collar defense, international criminal law, and general civil and criminal litigation.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Member, Criminal Law Committee, 1983-1986; Committee to Encourage Judicial Service, 1987-1990)
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Council
- Lecturer on trial advocacy at Cardozo and Fordham Law Schools and on extradition and RICO at international legal seminars
- Treasurer and Trustee, Daytop Village Foundation, Inc.
- Director and Board Secretary, Samaritan Daytop Village, Inc.
Bar and Court Admissions:
Back to Attorneys >
- Member of the New York Bar (1974)
- Admitted before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Second and District of Columbia Circuits, and the U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York